Thursday, October 22, 2009

Rugs!!

The rugs I ordered finally came! Since our house is 11 years old, the carpet in the living room is pretty worn down. To solve this, I scoured the internet for a rug that was (1) 8 x 10, (2) mostly blue (go figure), and (3) was busy enough to hid any spills that might occur later. I found this beauty (below) on sale at Overstock.com – the bonus was that there is no sales tax or shipping!


I love the way the rug ties the room together. Before the rug the room looked like a completely unrelated collection of craigslist and free furniture (oh wait! It is!). After it looks like we may have actually picked those particular colors. The rug has the same green as the couch, the brown of the chaise, the light ‘yellow’ of the coffee tables, a dark red that looks good with the cherry furniture and a neutral blue!


If you thought that the organization of the room was different from my earlier post, you would be correct. I decided that the coffee table was just too small for this room and so I brought the matching side tables out of storage (i.e. down from the third bedroom that is currently a pile of ‘what-do-we-do-with-this-thing?’ stuff). I like how they are higher than the coffee table – so you can actually put a drink on it – and that they can be moved around depending on where you are sitting. I then moved the coffee table beside the TV armoire and threw our two floor cushions on top. Instant bench! I love how the floor cushions fit the top of the coffee table perfectly and that we now have more seating/place to throw our school bags.


The second rug that came was for our entry way. The wood in the entry way needs to be refinished; but until that happens (which is SO far down the line of things to fix in the house) we now have this beautiful neutral rug in a damask pattern. Oh happy day.

Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment