Thursday, October 22, 2009

Perhaps the best buy ever!

I was out shopping the other day and stopped by a thrift store in our area called ‘Everything But...Grannies Panties’. There is an outside area of this store is called ‘treasure island’; you grab a box that is pre-priced (usually between $1 - $5) and then fill the whole box with whatever you want. Since the area is outside and mostly unprotected, a lot of the stuff is dirty from the rain, but I suspected there could be some hidden treasures. I grabbed a box marked $2.50 and proceeded to fill it with a mish-mash of votive holders, hurricanes, vases, juice glasses and brandy glasses.

All-in-all I came away with 24 glasses/votives, two vases, one large hurricane shade, one small hurricane, one juice carafe, and one large white pillar holder. Amazing! After running the glassware through the dishwasher, most of it looked brand new. I set up a large smattering of the glasses on our mantle, in front of the aforementioned 'hole of death'. I then mixed in some cobalt blue holders I already had and presto! One more step towards a decorated house!
Jo

1 comment: